Degree: Clinical and industrial Pharmacy
Duration of Study: Five years (10 semesters, 15-20 weeks each, /218 credit hours)
The health and developmental needs of all communities in the Sudan and the rest of the world, appropriately and efficiently. The programmed teach the students how to learn and continue as lifelong learners in pharmacy. The College aims to be the most respected educational institution of pharmacy, as evidenced by high quality of
premises, up-to-date administration and governance, job- and research-directed instruction, quality of graduate and their ethical, professional and scholarly contribution.
- Phase One and Two: Semesters 1-6: for university requirements and basic sciences, and early introduction of professional skills specialising in dentistry and oral health.
- Phase three: Semester 6-10: For delivering all subjects qualifying for clinical internships and community orientation, including effective introduction to the understanding and development of primary healthcare, future functions of a dentist, in health centres, hospitals and private clinics, as well as professionalism and due knowledge of the law and the role of a dentist in the healthcare team.
A student interested in joining the Faculty of Clinical and Industrial Pharmacy, has to:
1. Obtain pass mark in in seven subjects including: Arabic language, religious studies, English language,
mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology. International students who have not studied Arabic and religious studies may have more alternative subjects from an approved list of subjects published in the webpage of Ministry of Higher Education.
2. Achieve the percentage in Sudan School Certificate announced every year (International students may have 10% less in the School Certificate scores.
3. Apply electronically though the website of the Admission and Accreditation Office, Ministry of Higher Education, or apply directly in Admission Office in the National University, and pass the health examination, aptitude tests
and interview at the Faculty of Pharmacy.
Sudanese students… SDG
Stategy and methods
The learning strategies emphasize the following: (1) early acquisition of basic pharmacy skills, (2) student-centred learning, and maximum student responsibility in the learning process, (3) problem-based and problem-oriented learning, (4) communityoriented and community-based activities, (5) integration of basic science, community and clinical pharmacy practice, and industrial pharmacy, in a multidisciplinary approach, (6) self- and peer education and evaluation, (7) team-work approach, (8) a wide range of electives, (9) continuous evaluation and (10) continuous education. The University adopts the following methods in the daily College of activities: (1) problem-based learning (PBL) sessions- one problem/ week at most, (2) seminars and small group discussions –once/ week at least (3) field practice in rural and primary health care settings and societies not less than 1/5th of the timetable, (4) practical sessions (laboratory, clinical, pharmaceutical industries) not less than 1/4th of the curriculum timetable, (5) skill laboratory (weekly) sessions, (6) lectures -not more than 1/3rd of the curriculum timetable (not more than 3 lectures/day). (7) educational assignments, reports and research activities (as many as the College would allow- at least one per module), (8) electives -not more than 10% of the curriculum timetable, and (9) graduation project.
Students qualified with this Bachelor degree pass through a track decreed by the Sudan Medical Council and are so temporarily accredited as pharmacists. After working for a period specified by the Ministry of Health in each specialty/discipline, students acquire a license of permanent registration with the Sudan Medical Council and may work in pharmacies or hospitals administrative pharmacist, clinical pharmacist or work in the industry. Pharmacy grads may pursue master’s and doctoral degrees in many disciplines of Pharmacy to qualify for university teaching or to work in medication, reagents or dyes factories. The graduate may be interested in managerial, commercial, industrial or charity career, related to one of the various specialties in the discipline. International graduates can follow the same track if they preferred to stay in the Sudan, but may also start their registration and internship in their own countries or residence.
☏ +249 1555772782
☏ +249 1555772783