Faculty of clinical and Industrial pharmacy
Presented By: Kholod Hamad Career advisor
Pharmacy career vision & mission:-
- Being an integral member of the healthcare team responsible for the outcomes associated with the medication use process.
To provide safe, high quality patient care in an atmosphere of professionalism, respect, and effective communication
- You need to develop your knowledge about the drugs you deal with
- Being a pharmacist, you would need to interact with the
patients buying their medication
- Computer skills is very important
- You need to be well-versed with chemistry, physics, math and some other science-related subjects
- The pharmacists need to be aware of the ethics and adhere to them consistently
- Research and scientific insight
- Excellence and Patient Centered Care
- Honesty and Integrity
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Respect and Teamwork
The five key steps:
- Study chemistry, mathematics, and other appropriate courses in high school (check with universities for course pre- requisites).
- Obtain your Pharmacy degree from one of the many courses available.
- Pass the Pharmacy Board registration requirements.
- Participate in an internship under the direction of a registered pharmacist to become qualified to practice pharmacy.
- Continue your professional education through periodic refresher courses as required by the Pharmacy Board