Degrees: B.Sc. Computer Science
B.Sc. Information Technology
B.Sc. Computing and Health Informatics
Duration of Study: Four years: (8 semesters: 166-172 credit hours)
Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, National University – Sudan strives towards developing the highest standards of academic excellence and practical application capabilities of competent use of communication and information technology tools in healthcare field .
Graduates from this program were expected to occupy important positions in private and public health care systems, and contribute in administrating, planning and providing solutions to all the problems related to the design and implementation of health informatics systems
The Different parts of this program aim to produce innovative and morally responsible, critical thinking and professionals are committed to meet the technical and health and developmental needs of all communities in Sudan and the rest of the world, appropriately and effectively. Programs teach students how to learn and to continue lifelong learning also. The faculty aims to be the most outstanding of its kind, as evidenced by the high quality of places, up-to-date management and governance, education and job- oriented research, to produce a very high quality of graduates in the ethical and professional lives and scientific contribution.
• Phase One : Semesters 1-2: reserved for introductions to mathematics and computing and university requirements.
• Phase Two: Semesters 3-5: for in-depth studies in computer science, introductions to disciplines in which computer technology is implemented, and all aspects of informatics including health information systems, engineering, industry, commerce and transport.
• Phase Three: (Semesters 7 and 8) for practical residency in university laboratories and institutions involved in software programming, administration, management, documentation, archiving, tele-medicine, as well as the legal aspects related to the safe-keeping of information and archiving.
A student interested in joining the Faculty of Computer and Health Informatics, has to:
1. Obtain pass mark in in seven subjects including: Arabic language, religious studies, English language, mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology or computer sciences or engineering scienes. International students who have not studied Arabic and religious studies may have more alternative subjects from an approved list of subjects published in the webpage of Ministry of Higher Education.
2. Achieve the percentage in Sudan School Certificate announced every year (International students may have 10% less in the School Certificate scores.
3. Apply electronically though the website of the Admission and Accreditation Office, Ministry of Higher Education, or apply directly in Admission Office in the National University, and pass the health examination, aptitude tests and interview at the Faculty of Computer and Health Informatics.
Sudanese students…50,000 SDG
Stategy and methods
Emphasis on learning strategies include: (1) Practice plan to purchase basic skills in the applications of communication and information technology in the health sector, (2) learning student-centred, and responsibility maximum in the learning process of students, and (3) based on problem-solving and learning-oriented problem, (4) community-oriented activities of the community and, (5) the integration of basic and community science and practice and training in health institutions (6) and self-peer teaching and assessment, (7) the team approach, (8) and a wide range of optional, (9) continuous assessment, (10) preparation for continuing education.
Faculty of Health informatics adopt the following methods in the daily programme of activities: (1) (Sessionslearning) based on the solution of problems (2) Seminars and discussions small group (3) Practice in health
institutions is essential part of the curriculum (4)Practicing in the computer laboratories is essential part of the curriculum (5) lectures (6) Educational activities, duties and reporting and research activities (according to thenature of the subject) (7) Elective courses.
A full overview of the course outline and detailed specific objectives can be found in the individual Curriculum Manuals: Computer Science – Health Informatics – Information Technology and Faculty of Computer and Health Informatics prospectus.
A graduate of the Faculty Computer and health informatics able to engage in the section of information and communication systems in any organization that provides services in the following sectors (public health and clinical care, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy and (bio) medical research). They may chose to work in any positions in the IT or technical department of a hospital or healthcare institutions or technical support in the health industry. A National Service requirement is mandatory, with variable periods of time depending on the location.
☏ +249 1555772782
☏ +249 1555772783